Friday, August 6, 2010

Emptiness, My Lover...

Art by Vladimir Kush

One afternoon, on a day off, I was looking for something to keep me occupied and pass the time. I tried reading a book, writing some thoughts down, but all I could really manage to do was to be still. In unveiling emptiness, there will be times when so much life flows through you, all you will want to do, all you will be able to do, is lay down and absorb it. All you can do is lay down and let life penetrate you. So, after managing to do nothing else, I set personal hesitation and the sense of ego aside and lay on the bed and sunk into the stillness. This is an excerpt of what I wrote after the experience:

"This is not a journey of achievement, but of being. All is a projection of light. My eyes are stiff and staring foward. I see the light constantly moving into different colors and shades to project what is supposedly in front of me. Sight becomes blurier but clearer. There is no wind flowing from the window, the hammock doesn't move with the breeze. It's all just changes in colors, in the light particles, making it seem like there is movement but there isn't. I touch my nose with the knowing that it's not really here, I feel how my neck is really not on the pillow. My eyes are not really seeing, my ears are not really hearing. As I lay here, absorbing this new knowing, I feel a flow of energy coming through my spine soothingly rising up to where the heart lies, and here there is hesitation. This has happened before, but this time I am not scared, this time I let all hesitation that arises flow through and I let go. I sink into this body that I now reside in. I accept it, feel how life is being projected from my skin, how it penetrates and vibrates like a cool breeze of light rain within me. As one would get to know another person, one has to be willing to get to know Emptiness, get acquainted with it's constant quiet expression. As one creates a relationship with a person one loves, one has to be willing to open up to this emptiness, heighten our awareness and attention towards it, to better recognize it. This is how one can begin to lay down the foundation of opening the doorways to what is really always here. As I sink in and bond with the emptiness from where all arises, I feel that if it would have happened in the woods, in the midst of pure earthly silence and nature, I would of lost all notion of myself forever, engulfed in the natural beauty of life. But here, I will quickly be absorbed once more by the egoic demands of the society I live in. All seems meaningless with such quiet wisdom so alive within me now. "
I share this, to demonstrate the experiential qualities one can have on a personal level when coming into awareness and acceptance with Emptiness.

1 comment:

ID

I'm 36 years old now. I am officially raising a teenage daughter. I am divorced. I'm a college drop out. I've been heart broken...