Friday, July 30, 2010

Unlabeled

retrieved from: www.toonpool.com



Post Shift, the unfolding of life unravels without possessiveness. Although I do acknowledge that the past and current experiences are unique to this experience of self in many ways, not taking possession of them, allows a fluidity that was not present before. In attaching to an experience, person, thought, or emotion, one alters 'being'. It is not longer what it is, but what you allow it to be in your presence.

Say, that you find yourself being serious for a period of time. You start to tell people you are a serious person. People start to call you a serious person. Then one day you are gathered around the table, and somebody makes a comment that makes everybody burst out laughing. You start to laugh, but then hold back on full laughter, for you remember, you're a serious person.

Have not those who called themselves just been capable of unjust action? Have not the heartless been capable of being gracious? Even in unawareness, we catch glimpses of how what we are is nameless, formless, unlabeled. We are beings capable of incredible transformation.

What happens when we drop all the labels? We are no longer the add on, but the source. This is where True Self sits. And here, we are what we need to be, at the time being.

4 comments:

  1. The labels, in retrospect, were easier to disidentify with as they were more in my face. What really really caught me off guard, and I was to blind to see, was the residual attachment I had to "doing". I thought all self imposed meaning and purpose fell away when I saw these labels and went through the process of stripping them from away. Not so. What remained was a well hidden sense of purpose in rising to, or participationg in, what was in front of me. This became my new identity/religion if you will. I think this is partly what Jed means when he says Maya is wwaaayyy smarter than me and if you think you are done......you're not!
    Now that this context continues to fall away, to see it is to kill it, what's left is a "truer" sense of boundlessness/labellessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really fallen away on this end is the idea of there being a point A to point B journey. This linear thinking is what distorts view of what is, and creates what sometimes turns out to be very long and convoluted detours. The idea, or belief, that one is 'here' and has to get 'there' to Be. When it was clear, with direct experience and perception that NOTHING I did would get me there, for there was no 'there', and it was this intent that was preventing me to see it here, it was clear. The adjustment was not doing. Sitting with the current.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes hi St@r, I have often thought the "enlightened ones" are somewhere I am not or more accurately, see something that I do not. If it is possible to touch/glimpse this Source then I have done so. What I have not done is "stayed" with it. It feels as though the timing is not up to me and the drifting back and forth neccessary (also not up to me).
    What I am "doing" better/easier these days is releasing and allowing, releasing and allowing. This is becoming very natural as I adjust to the idea of no context. See the context, release it and allow the free floating.
    Yes if you intend to be elsewhere then you will not be here. Is that it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be present and aware of the unfolding and growth of your being. There are the joys and essential challenges to each evolving phase. You can not expect a toddler learning physical domination to sit and solve a math problem, for at this present moment, their growth revolves around physical empowerment, exploration of their bodies. Removing the point A to point B mentality removes the idea of IT. A kid doesn't say, 'OK mom I can walk now, this is IT! I am HERE!'. They simply master and move onto something else that will bring growth. This is the attitude of taking it further. Constant mastering and unfolding.

    ReplyDelete

ID

I'm 36 years old now. I am officially raising a teenage daughter. I am divorced. I'm a college drop out. I've been heart broken...